We are currently seeking a full-time HS Girls Academy Head Coach to join our team and play a vital role in delivering positive youth development on and off the rugby pitch.
The Head Coach is responsible for the on-the-ground execution of their team, including recruitment and retention of players. The Head Coach acts as the main point of contact for all Youth Development Mentors and volunteers involved with their team, and are responsible for developing session plans, leading sessions, reporting feedback, and ensuring buy-in from all involved. Most importantly, the Head Coach must be present at both on and off-field events, develop vital connections with the players and families, and positively contribute to the growth of the entire Academy program.
This role requires participation in evening/weekend practices throughout New York City as well as weekend travel for games/tournaments throughout the tri-state area.
- Utilize the Play Rugby curriculum in all sessions, focusing on youth development outcomes
- Serve as the primary contact for all participants and families, communicating utilizing platforms approved by the organization
- Attend all on-field and off-field sessions (practices, games, wraparound supports)
- Manage the competitive schedule, acting as the main point of contact for the league/union
- Work with the Program Director to ensure proper data/record keeping daily, weekly and seasonally
- Work with the Program Director to execute recruitment activities, including community outreach, site visits, and individual player identification
- Co-lead the Academy Youth Panel, ensuring that players have an active voice in the program
- Provide individual college/career mentorship to players, including but not limited to: college workshops, financial aid/application support, recruitment meetings, college visits, etc.
- Actively promote the Academy program by capturing photo/video content, collecting player success stories, participating in community events, etc.
- Create and maintain a safe, open and welcoming environment that is free from bullying, harassment, hazing and abuse
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- A passion for youth development
- Strong rugby background (as a player and/or coach)
- Experience working with young people
- Exceptional teamwork skills
- Strong project and process management skills
- Comfort with holding oneself and others accountable to high standards
- Ability to manage and develop existing partner relationships
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Compensation and Benefits:
Play Rugby USA offers competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. Benefits include employer- supported health insurance (medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, and generous PTO.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] with “HS Girls Coach” as the subject line. No phone calls, please!