Now Hiring – Senior Program Director
We are seeking a Senior Program Director to serve as the team leader for all of Play Rugby’s programs! They will be responsible for implementing program strategy, ensuring that existing programs and growth align with overall organizational strategy, while providing hands-on support to the entire team.
The Senior Program Director is also responsible for quality assurance of programs through effective staffing plans and quantifiable tracking and reporting metrics, as well as program design innovation with a youth development focus.
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced youth development professional to join a rapidly growing organization and help deepen the impact we have on young people, by supporting both on-the-ground execution and strategic planning and implementation, while managing overall team performance.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
1. Serve as Play Rugby USA’s expert in designing and delivering youth development outcomes through flag and tackle rugby, ensuring the organization is at the cutting-edge of sports-based youth development programming.
2. Ensure the staff for the Play Rugby Academy (our highest impact, community-based program!) is delivering positive youth development outcomes and hitting strategic organizational goals, which includes:
- Management of 3 full-time Head Coaches, 3-5 part-time Youth Development Mentors and all Volunteers
- Recruitment and retention of players across age groups to maintain healthy roster sizes
- Development of partnerships for the delivery of off-field wraparound supports based on demonstrated need (ie: college readiness, life skills support, etc.)
- Data collection and reporting
3. Manage the Enrichment Program Director and Coach Development Associate to ensure the successful execution of Play Rugby’s After-School Enrichment (direct service) and Train-the-Trainer programs.
4. Establish a program assessment strategy to ensure regular evaluation of Play Rugby’s delivery and make adjustments to improve youth development outcomes and demonstrate program effectiveness.
5. Establish and maintain relationships with existing program partners, working collaboratively with the staff to maintain and build those relationships for future, strategic growth.
6. Stay connected to peer organizations to ensure that Play Rugby is involved with innovations across the sector.
7. Represent Play Rugby externally at program-related speaking engagements, conferences, and peer organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver innovative sports-based youth development programming.
- Exceptional facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated management skills, both organizationally and in people management.
- Demonstrated relationship development and management skills.
- Ability to align staff development and training with shared organizational goals.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfort with accountability, both for oneself and for holding others to high standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing diverse teams, preferably at a youth development organization.
- Passion for, and understanding of, the benefits of participation in team sports for young people living in at-risk communities.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout New York City to visit programs/facilitate trainings and work flexible hours, including but not limited to nights and weekends.
Compensation & Benefits
- The salary range for this role is $75,000-$80,000.
- Benefits include employer-supported health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 12 paid holidays per year, and generous PTO.
Play Rugby is an equal opportunity employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]