Join the NYC Team as a Development and Communications Coordinator
Based in the heart of New York City’s bustling midtown, Play Rugby USA operates out of a modern SBYD Hub with other sector leaders on the cutting-edge of SBYD. We believe that youth thrive when offered access to high-impact sports programming and are committed to creating a better world through rugby. We have an exciting opportunity for a creative, passionate and organized individual to significantly contribute to our strategic fundraising objectives.
The Americorps VISTA (Volunteer in Service to America) Program has been lifting people out of poverty since 1965. The five primary capacity building objectives of this position are to:
- Revamp and lead the Communication Function of the Development Team, by collecting and curating content directly from the field, managing social media and newsletter delivery and by designing a suite of outreach materials for upcoming campaigns and events
- Make it Rain by researching prospects and strategizing outreach tactics with our Senior Development Director to secure funding from Individuals, Corporations and Foundations
- Support our Grant Writing Capacity through research projects, maintaining corporate and foundation relationships and providing writing assistance with Grant Proposals
- Become an Event Coordinator, working on an annual Spring Gala, fundraising dinners, watch parties and donor challenges (such as the NYC Marathon), as well as various corporate engagement events – key duties include event planning and design, outreach tactics and logistics and on-the-day/night support
- Assist with maintenance and development of our Donor Database (Salesforce CRM), with scope for data analysis and segmentation projects
As part of the 2018-19 Up2Us Sports VISTA cohort you will have the opportunity over a twelve-month term (from November-November) to make a significant contribution to Play Rugby USA’s Strategic Development plans while being embedded in one of the most highly regarded SBYD Organizations in the World. Through the VISTA program, you will receive a Contribution towards Housing; Relocation Reimbursement; Professional Development Opportunities including a fully paid 4-day training in Boston; Health Coverage, Vacation and Sick leave entitlements; Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend.
To apply all applicants must register through the National Community Service online portal and you can do so for the Play Rugby USA VISTA at My Americorps Application
Questions? Feel free to reach out to Leo Purtill at [email protected]