Ashley Allen, Program Manager, Selected to Rise Academy for Leaders of Color
Play Rugby is excited to announce the selection of Ashley Allen, program manager, to the Rise Academy for Leaders of Color!
Developed by Youth INC in partnership with the Center for Nonprofit Leadership at Adelphi University, the program integrates personal leadership development, nonprofit management, community leadership, and a mentor program in a 15-month immersive experience for emerging leaders.
According to a report by Building Movement Project, BIPOC nonprofit leaders have only received 10% of philanthropic dollars over the past 20 years, despite accounting for 20% of philanthropic leadership. Similarly, BIPOC leaders lack sponsorship relationships at almost twice the rate of white peers and cite a dearth of board support.
Rise Academy for Leaders of Color opens its virtual doors on July 21, 2021, with an inaugural cohort of ten BIPOC nonprofit leaders:
- Veronica Collazo, marketing and communications manager, America SCORES New York
- Tara DeWorsop, director of development and communications, Behind the Book
- Becca Weng, program director, Common Denominator
- Dunasha Payne, community program coordinator, Drama Club
- Melissa Benjamin, director of development, Fiver Children’s Foundation
- Sayra Solis, digital media specialist, I Challenge Myself
- Ashley Allen, program manager, Play Rugby, Inc.
- Jonee Billy, director of strategic partnerships and external affairs, PowerPlay
- Kyesha Lewis, manager, program operations, Read Ahead
- Jessica Vicuna, workforce development manager, Youth Action YouthBuild
We are thrilled for Ashley and grateful to Youth INC for providing this amazing opportunity.