About Play Rugby USA:
Play Rugby provides rugby training and competition, youth development and educational resources to help put young people on a path to success. Our programs are designed specifically to address the unique needs of youth growing up in at-risk communities in New York City. Through our unique values-based curriculum, students build and develop the social and emotional skills needed to help them be successful on the field, in the classroom, at home and in their communities.
We are seeking an enthusiastic Program Director with a passion for youth development and a talent for leading and managing diverse teams to join us as we create a better world through rugby. The Program Director will serve as the overall team leader for all of Play Rugby’s programs throughout New York City. They will play an integral role in implementing program strategy while ensuring that existing programs and program growth align with overall organizational strategy. They will also be responsible for managing the program budget.
The Program Director is also responsible for quality assurance of programs through effective staffing plans and quantifiable tracking and reporting metrics, as well as program design innovation with a youth development focus. They will directly manage a Program Manager and our part-time Youth Development Mentors, who work directly with the young people in our programs, reinforcing organizational culture and consistency.
The Program Director reports to the COO
The Program Director manages the Academy Program Manager
The Program Director manages a team of Youth Development Mentors (YDM’s)
Team Management – 40%
- Ensure that systems and processes are in place to support the successful delivery of high-quality youth development programs.
- Manage the Program Managers, part-time YDM’s and volunteers for all of Play Rugby’s programs.
- Develop staff schedules, approve payroll and support the high-quality execution of program logistics.
- Ensure that all team members have access to the resources and support they need to successfully execute their jobs.
- Regularly attend sessions and competition to assess and support the team.
Administration and Data/Evaluation – 25%
- Work with the Director of Coach Education and Training to establish a program assessment strategy and ensure regular evaluation of Play Rugby’s program delivery.
- Track and report program outcomes regularly to the COO.
- Manage the overall program budget and report back regularly to the COO.
Direct Programming/Partnerships – 25%
- Establish and maintain relationships with existing program partners, working collaboratively with the program staff to maintain and build those relationships for future, strategic growth.
- Develop relationships within Play Rugby’s target communities and support business development efforts for new program opportunities that fit within the program strategy.
Strategy and Planning – 10%
- Work with the Leadership Team to craft and implement a strategic program delivery plan to align with overall organizational strategy and mission.
- Stay connected with program leaders at peer organizations to ensure that Play Rugby is involved with innovations across the sector.
- Represent Play Rugby externally at program-related speaking engagements, conferences, and peer organizations.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- High-level strategic thinking to position the organization for future success.
- Ability to lead and inspire a team toward common goals.
- Demonstrated management skills, both organizationally and in people management.
- Advocacy skills for team members and programs.
- Comfort with accountability, both for oneself and for holding others to high standards.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Plus, demonstrated experience successfully managing diverse teams, preferably at a youth development organization. Passion for, and understanding of, the benefits of participation in team sports for young people living in at-risk communities. Ability and willingness to travel throughout New York City to visit programs/facilitate trainings and work flexible hours, including but not limited to nights and weekends.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
Compensation & Benefits:
Play Rugby USA offers competitive compensation, commensurate with experience. Benefits include employer-supported health insurance (medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, and generous PTO.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: [email protected] with “Program Director” as the subject line. No phone calls, please!