Physical Literacy - Session 11
We will revisit each of our themes so far and you will get to decide on the alterations, progressions, and adaptations for each. Today's session will still focus on our preparation and activation exercises and how you can use them to create your own fitness session!
This is the first session where you will choose the intensity, reps and sets of the exercises you wish to complete. You need to be prepared and focus on creating a session that meets your fitness goals!
- Call your life play - on a scale of 1-5 how are you feeling today?
- We have used these movements in our warmups for every session so far – how have these exercises helped you?
- When you do not feel like working out how do you Switch On to get started?
Students should visit the warm-up library for links to each exercise and choose which ones to complete based on their own fitness goals. Then they should determine the reps, sets or time for each to create a 20-minute workout, using what they've learned to far to increase or decrease difficulty.
If possible, have the students pair up and complete each other’s workout and offer feedback.
Remind students about their Fitness Journal and RPE. They should be documenting throughout the session!
Our Movement Preparation Library:
Our Activation Exercise Library
Leg Swings Side to Side
Hops - forward, back, side to side
This is a walking cool down. While walking around the outside of the gym or marching in place, complete the following stretches and breathing routine. View in the Cool Down Library.
- Call your life play - on a scale of 1-5 how are you feeling after this session?
- Talk to the person next to you and explain your session and the format you chose.
- Have your opinions on physical fitness changed at all during our sessions so far? If so, how?